Sunday, June 30, 2013

Winter time


So its Winter here and we have already had frost on our windshield twice, but no scrapper.  We have yet to see any being sold.  How crazy is that?  They are a staple in MN for so many months out of the year and I don't have one here.  Then again, our days have been heating up into the 50s even though they may start off a bit nippy. 

Last weekend, we went to Tauranga and got a little work done on Beth's bike.  Replaced her quill stem with a more traditional stem and replaced her 12-23 cassette with a 11-28.  We went out for a ride on Saturday along the coast and a little bit of the Hauraki Rail Trail.  I think the changes to the bike are an improvement, but Beth would prefer to be on her Trek.  I ended up riding 3 out of 4 bikes last weekend!  I even had my first flat in a long time on the side of the road.  I hit a rock that shot out from under my tire across the road and hit a fence with a lot of force.  A few seconds later, psssst.
 
This weekend I put our roof rack on the car.  It didn't take all that long, but would have been quicker if it actually mounted to rails or something.  Then on Sunday, we went to Hamilton to see our friend, Faye, and try to catch Despicable Me 2, but it sold out.  So we ended up doing a little monkeying around before heading back to Thames.  Where I roasted a lime and chilli chicken with veggies.  Should be good eats for a couple days.  Tomorrow I start my base training as I have 2 months before I start to hammer my body for the Port of Tauranga Half-Ironman (POTH) in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment