Thursday, November 8, 2012

Why I ordered and use Road ID

I'm not getting paid to say this, but if I was I would probably only get a free Road ID.  I'm no stranger to the Road ID as I have one back in the States.  It doesn't do me a whole lot of good here in New Zealand as all the number are for US contacts.  At the same time I bought mine I got one for my brother as well.  Why the sudden post and promoting of this product? 

My tale starts this past Monday when I was on their site contemplating buying another one.  I've been in New Zealand for a fair spell and my riding has increased dramatically.  I am also aware that drivers don't like cyclists all that much as well.  So I was looking at getting one with my New Zealand contacts on it, but I didn't purchase one.  On Tuesday morning while commuting to work, I was hit by a car.  I had several thoughts going through my head ranging from 'don't hit my leg' to 'who would be contacted about my injuries'.  The simple answer would have been nobody.  If I would have been seriously injured, it would have taken a while to track down a person who knew me.

In my phone, I have Beth as my ICE contact but that doesn't much matter as her number is down as she left the country.  Then in my phone I have lots of US numbers and a handful of Kiwi contacts but not an easy to sort them.  It wouldn't have been easy to track someone down if I was seriously hurt.  So I came back to the flat after my ordeal and ordered my 2nd Road ID. 

I could have gone and ordered the interactive one, but I would rather the person have contact info at their finger tips and not rely on having internet access.  So I've opted for the Elite band again, which allows for 3 contacts to be engraved in the ID.  So as being a repeat customer and the guys and girls at Road ID having awesome customer service they are going to pass on a little savings to you if you use the code below when you order yours within the next 30 days.

When in the States, I don't run or bike without it.  It is like floatation devices in planes, you hope you never have to use them.  If you do, you know its serious.  So if you or a loved one takes to the street for any activity that gets in close proximity of cars be awesome and buy a Road ID.  They make various IDs and it gives you peace of mind that if something happens your family and friends will be notified.

Coupon Number: ThanksKaleb19200756

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 12/09/2012. To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:

http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksKaleb19200756

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6336.

Oh by the way, their website is awesome, the customer service is outstanding, and the owners are very smart and good looking.  The same is said about me except for my customer service. 

End Promotional Unpaid Ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment