Monday, March 26, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I spent the last couple days in SD saying goodbye to my friends and family.  This coming weekend we'll be in WI saying goodbye to Beth's family. I already have a lot of interest by friends and family to co me and visit.  Looks like I shouldn't get a real job and just be a professional tour guide for our visitors.  Then again people don't want to pay for my food bill.  Today I tackled a food challenge issued by Robert at the Ideal Diner in Minneapolis.  I ate 3 of Kevin's plate sized yellow batter pancakes along with a side of eggs (2) and bacon (3). 

2 weeks ago I was walked out of the office and I quickly immersed myself in a Wilderness First Responder course.  I spent 11 days in Arkansas and I learned a lot of useful skills in the course.  I'm now spending my time getting everything ready for our departure.  I have a list of loose ends to take care of here so that we can enjoy our time in NZ and not worry about the life we put on hold in MN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment