Monday, July 2, 2012

Visitors are soon to arrive. Our itinerary.

Want to pull a Scrooge McDuck and swim in this.

Next Week:

Beth's parents are coming in 2 weeks for a 2 week visit.  I'll be joining their adventure on the South Island and duck out of the North Island adventure as I am joining the ranks of the full-time employed.  Our itinerary includes going to Dunedin for the Cadbury Chocolate Carnival.  For those that know me well know that I am a Cadbury Creme Egg fiend.  One of the best things about New Zealand so far?  They sell them all year long.  No longer do I have to stock pile and ration them for the few weeks after Easter that they typically last.  There is also a jaffa race down the World's Steepest Street, Baldwin Street.  This race consists of 25,000 contestants.  Each jaffa will have a racing number and the first one to the bottom wins. 

What is a jaffa are you asking?  These lollies are a soft chocolate coated in an orange flavored shell.  They taste like sixlets to me, but are bigger.  They are a little bigger than peas.  I usually get a small zip-lock bag at the dairy (convenience store) down the street from work. 

We will also be trying to capture some evil penguins while being away from our dwelling.  Beth and her parents will also be taking the TranzAlpine train to Greymouth while I board a plane and return to my first day of "real" work in 4+ months.  I know that Skog and I will be doing this when he visits in August.  The new employers are cool with me taking off 3 weeks while he visits.

This week:

This Thursday, Tim and I are going to Rotorua to mountain bike in the Redwoods.  Our original plan was to do the 42nd Traverse, but someone (*cough* me *cough*) got scheduled to work.  We are looking to have some dirty fun.  I got out and did some single-track last year, but most of my time was spent on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment