Thursday, October 18, 2012

Great Walker Entry

Lets tramp this.

Here is my Pinterest Board for my entry into the Great Walker Contest.  This is a chance to do the 9 Great Walks in New Zealand over 9 weeks.  The contest is being put on by Air New Zealand and the DOC.  The walks vary in length and are located across the country.
  1. Abel Tasman is 54.4km
  2. Heaphy Track is 78.4 km and the longest
  3. Kepler Track is 60km
  4. Lake Waikaremoana is 46 km
  5. Milford Track is 53.5 km
  6. Tongariro Northern Circuit no distance provided
  7. Whanganui Journey looks to be tramping and canoe
  8. Rakiura Track is 32 km 
  9. Routeburn Track is 32 km 
Each  walk is expected to take at least a couple days and individuals selected will have to blog about their adventure.  It would almost be like a sponsored version of this site!  I would take pictures and document my tramping.  I have only done part of the Tongariro Northern Circuit when Beth and I did the Tongariro Crossing back in early Winter.  It would be exciting to win this, but I don't know the odds.  It is a world wide contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment