Monday, May 21, 2012

Adventure and race time, but not adventure race time

Beth and I are getting out of Tauranga for a bit.  We will be hopping on Naked Bus to travel to Taupo and Wellington the week of Memorial Day.  My work schedule will soon become heavy as my manager is going on a month long vacation and I'll be working close to full-time hours for several weeks.  So we are taking this opportunity to get out and explore some other areas before Beth's parents come in July.
June 3rd half marathon in Mount Maunganui.
We are now registered for Mount Maunganui Hlaf Marathon and 10k.  I'll be doing the half and Beth will be doing the 10k.  I'm feeling pretty solid about my training as I decided on the race maybe 6 weeks before race date.  I put off my long run last week because of weather and doing other things, but I ran 9.98 miles in 90 minutes on Thursday of last week.  I felt like I could have ran a lot further as I had more in the tank.  My only other half marathon was during my 70.3 last year where I finished in 2:23 so I'm hopping for a sub 2 hour run on fresh legs.  I've been doing my long runs solo, but on some of my short runs I have ran with my co-worker Alice.  I might have convinced to run the half with me instead of the 10k.

Maybe our next adventure will be an adventure race or some other extreme New Zealand activity like para-gliding or riding your bike at night in a black rain suit.  I think I'm going to try finding a place to eat hangi.

No comments:

Post a Comment