Thursday, May 10, 2012

I am the rage

I dress like the left and I'm still here.

<rant>
So we finally got Internet through a different provider, actually it is the same as our mobile carrier here.  The other company was dicking us around for weeks.  First said it would be less than a week.  Then another representative said it would be 10-14 business days.  3 weeks later we opted to do something else entirely, but the first company kept texting and calling about an impending set up.  We canceled as they were being morons.  That being said we are using an USB modem for our fast Internet and a crappy wi-fi signal from our apartment building for everything else.  What does this mean?  We have a pay as you go data plan which will be cheaper and we will NOT be using our Vonage phone.  So if you need to get a hold of me, email or comment and I'll get in contact with you.
 </rant>

(Picture explanation) New Zealand Bike advocates have a campaign for high visibility for bike riders.  I generally fall into the not so visible.  I use lights and actually kept the reflectors on  my bike, but most of my clothes are black.  I have been wearing my light weight running jacket that is white, but looking for an obnoxious color reflective jacket/vest.  I have been riding safe and only received one middle finger so far.  I was in the bike lane (left side of the road) going straight and a car in the lane to my right decided to turn left.  I had the right away, but he was pulling a boat and crossing my lane so I braked.  I then received the finger.  WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment